Shades of Summer Fruit
Skip the s'mores and try our unique spin on fruit salad this July! This versatile concoction can be enjoyed any time, day or night, whether its a casual night in or a big backyard BBQ! The combination of sweet and tart is the perfect way to savor these fleeting summer days.
Grilling the Peaches
- Cut peaches in half, removing the pit.
- Sprinkle sugar on the flat side of the peach.
- Place peach flat side down onto a preheated grill on medium.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes and then turn peaches in a 1/4 rotation for another 3-4 minutes, making nice grill marks.
Making the Jam
- Mix the cantaloupe into 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Smash the cantaloupe with a potato smasher.
- Add in sugar and lemon juice, stirring constantly.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until thick.
- Mix in honey, pectin and salt.
- Boil for 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
Making the Flavored Whip Cream
- Grind the dried fruit of your choice
- Combine powdered sugar and heavy cream
- Using a stand mixer with whip attachment, whip the mixture to a soft peak
Composing your Fruit Salad
- Mix any fruits of choice -- We recommend:
- Watermelon, Figs, Blueberries, Honeydew, Fresh Strawberries, Dried Banana chips
- You can either toss your fruit in the cantaloupe jam, or use it decoratively on a platter of your choice
- Top with flavored whip cream