Soft, fluffy, and slightly sweet - this milk bread recipe is perfect for the shift into autumn! Best accompanied with our cranberry butter & good company.
Make the Cranberry Butter
- Mix butter, frozen cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, chopped rosemary and salt together in a mixer.
- Roll out the batter and shape into a log.
Make the Bread
- Cook 1/3 cup of flourand 1 cup water in medium sauce pan over medium heat, whisking constantly for 5 minutes.
- Ad din honey and heavy cream, cook until the honey dissolves.
- Transfer to mixer with dough hook.
- Add milk powder. yeast, salt, 2 eggs and the rest of the flour.
- Knead on medium for 5 minutes.
- Add butter piece by piece, waiting for each piece to be completely incorporated into the mixture before adding the next.
- Transfer dough to a bowl, cover and let rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Then divide dough into 6 equal pieces on a floured surface.
- Place in a muffin tin that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.Let rise again for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Beat remaining egg with 1 tbsp of water.
- Brush the tops of the rolls lightly with egg wash and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in the oven, rotating half way through for 25-30 minutes.